The last time I made this cake it occurred to me, for the first time ever, that maybe I should take a picture of it. I shared the pic on Facebook. A few friends said it looked great. That night I created Well Worn Whisk, with no real idea in mind of what the blog was going to be, only that it might be fun to cook stuff, take a picture of what I’d made, and write a few words to accompany the recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- Pre heat your oven to 180C.
- Mix all your ingredients (ideally with an electric whisk). That is it!
- Pour the cake batter into a greased (and lined with baking paper if you want it to come out easily!) cake tin / traybake / roasting tin roughly 30 x 23 cm.
- Mine was a bit smaller though and it worked fine. Bake for about 35 minutes. Let it cool a little in the tin then gently move onto a wire rack.
- Let it cool before icing with the syrup and sugar mixture, then sprinkle on the chopped ginger. Let the icing set before you cut it. If freezing, don’t ice.