Prep time: 5 minutes (25 if the potatoes need to be cooked i.e. not leftovers)
Cook time: 35 minutes (if including cooking potatoes, 55 minutes)
Total time: 40 minutes (or 1 hour 20 if cooking potatoes)
10 eggs, beaten
400g cooked waxy potatoes, thickly sliced
200g chorizo, sliced into 1cm coins
150g Greek yoghurt
Handful fresh coriander
Handful of fresh parsley
Salt and pepper
Grating of parmesan, about 20g
- Cook the potatoes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan and add sliced chorizo. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced potatoes. Fry on low – medium heat for about 20 minutes, until nicely crispy.
- Preheat the grill to its hottest setting.
- Remove from pan with a slotted spoon, leaving the chorizo oil behind.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, season, whisk in the yoghurt (don’t worry about it mixing completely, it won’t but that’s fine) and the chopped herbs.
- Pour into the pan. Swirl to ensure its equally covered. Now add your potatoes and chorizo. I did this by hand instead of tipping it all in, to ensure a nice even coverage. Grate parmesan on top.
- Let it cook on the hob for 5 minutes, then finish off under the very hot grill for 5 more.
- Serve with a peppery rocket salad. Great cold with… salad cream! Don’t judge. : )