Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
1 medium cauliflower, broken into same-ish size florets
1 teaspoon of turmeric
2 tablespoons of olive oil or rape seed oil
1 teaspoon of salt
125g cous cous, cooked in 200ml of a light hot stock
100g pine nuts, toasted
More salt and pepper, to taste
Squeeze of lemon juice
Sprinkling of paprika and ground coriander
Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Break the cauliflower into florets – the bigger ones may need chopping in two so they’re all a similar size. Toss in a roasting pan with oil, turmeric and salt. Make sure they are covered equally in the seasoning. Roast for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cous cous by pouring hot stock over grains and leaving for 5 minutes. Fork through when all the liquid has soaked in. Season with a little oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Toast your pine nuts carefully in a pan, they should only take a few minutes – watch the pan closely and move the nuts around a lot, as they ben quickly. Set aside once toasted.
- When the cauliflower is done, simply mix with cous cous, sprinkle in the toasted nuts and sultanas too, squeeze some lemon over and season again with salt and pepper.
- Top with fresh coriander to serve and maybe a little seasoned yoghurt too.