I’ve not been baking as much recently. Not as much as I used to anyway. I’ve really missed having something sweet and homemade in to munch on with a decaf when the kids are in bed. It’s my time! And I need that time. The other day I wanted to bake something quick and easy that would give the kids a little treat as well as me. I looked in my cupboards and came up with this! It’s basically a few crunchy things that were lurking around mixed with melted marshmallows and peanut butter then topped with Nutella! Healthy? Nope. Tasty? Yeah.
Leave the peanut butter out if you wanted, and use melted chocolate on top instead. If you can’t get chopped honeycomb then smash a Crunchie bar up and use that? The options are endless but as long as the result is a chewy and crunchy treat then you’ve got it right. Think Toffee Crisp meets Snicker meets Crunchie bar!
Makes: 16 squares
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: About 1 hour
Total time: Just oven an hour
100g Rice Krispies
50g peanut butter
2 tablespoons of Nutella (or chocolate)
1 tablespoon honeycomb ‘bits’
- Melt the marshmallows gently in a saucepan, along with the peanut butter if using, and pour over the rice Krispies and popcorn in a large bowl.
- Line a square tin with foil or parchment.
- Press the crispy and marshmallow mixture into the tin. Really press it down.
- Melt the Nutella in a microwave for a minute or less.
- Pour the melted Nutella over the crispy mixture.
- Scatter broken honeycomb over the top.
- Chill for about an hour.