Hello peeps. I am trying to get my act together with my YouTube channel. So… from now on I will be publishing content on there twice a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays. On Tuesdays I will be doing vlogs where I chat about stuff – whether it’s food stuff, or mum stuff (you know I love to chat…). Then on Thursdays I will be doing my recipe videos. I have really missed doing these, so looking froward to it!
My first recipe video for ages is below, a lovely easy curry for all the family. It’s very adaptable – use chicken or spinach instead if you like. Be sure to sub to my channel if you haven’t already. And do let me know any videos you would like to see!
Makes: enough for 4
Takes: 10 mins prep + 50 mins cooking = 60 mins approx
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 onions
- Thumbsized piece of ginger
- 2 tbsn tomato puree
- 2 tbsn vegetable oil
- 3 tbsn curry paste
- 450g cubed lamb (neck, shoulder or leg)
- 180g red lentils
- 400g coconut milk
- 400ml water
- Handful kale (optional – use spinach instead if you like)
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Blitz (of finely chop) ginger, garlic, onions plus tomato paste.
- Cook mixture and add curry paste.
- Add lamb and seal meat.
- Tip in lentils, plus water and coconut milk.
- Simmer for 45 minutes. Stir every now and then as it can stick.
- Add kale and simmer for 5 more. Add more water if required.
- Serve with microwave brown rice and yoghurt (with chilli flakes for the grownups)
Now watch the video!