The most important thing to most parents in terms of feeding their kids is that the meal is quick and easy. Wait, that’s two things! Oh well. I can cope with slow things, as long as it’s slow to cook but quick to prep, i.e. slow cooker recipes. There are times to linger in the kitchen (mainly at the weekend with someone else looking after the sprogs) but midweek generally isn’t one of them!
This is perfect for a midweek dinner. Simply toss the lamb in the mixture (hey, if you’re really organised let it marinade all day) then fry off and pop in the flatbreads. Pittas will work well too. Whilst the meat is frying all you are doing is chucking some salad bits on a plate and making tsatziki (literally grated cucumber and yoghurt pretty much).
It’s actually swish enough to make at the weekend, this, and serve to grown ups. Add a big bowl of posh hearty salad to go with, such as this halloumi and cous cous one – and that’s a really great meal for entertaining another family right there!
Watch out for my new recipes over on my YouTube channel every Wednesday – do sub if you haven’t already – my new kitchen isn’t ready yet (SOB) but it won’t be long. Until then I’m afraid it’s still me in my tiny little one!!
Makes: enough for 4 wraps (double up if entertaining or not eating with a side)
Takes: 20 minutes
- 4 x lamb leg steaks, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of white or red wine vinegar
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Tsatziki (add half a grated cucumber, squeezed out, to half a tub of yoghurt, season and add a splash of extra virgin oil. Add a grated half clove of garlic if you like)
- Pre-bought flatbreads (I like the Sainsbury’s ones)
- Cut up 4 lamb leg steaks into chunks. Toss with tbsn dried oregano, tbns olive oil, teaspoon of white wine vinegar, 1 clove crushed garlic, and lots of salt and pepper. Fry off in a pan for about 7 minutes, until nice and brown.
- Grate half a cucumber and squeeze out excess water. Add to half a tub of Greek yoghurt. Season and add a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- Warm up flatbreads using toaster, smear each one with houmous and tzatsiki and pop in lamb. Serve with salad.