Life-saving meal alert! I actually made this before half-term, before we left for Spain and I was soooo busy trying to do vlogtober (failed, well, didn’t fail as such as I gave up and had a complete break from social and vlogging whilst I was away – it was kind of great, and I’ve come back revived with a more clear idea about things.)
Yeah, so I was very busy and stressed, and this type of quick but yum dinner is so perfect for those occasions, which, let’s face it, happen a lot.
These things – tray bakes – literally save my balls (if I had any) on a regular basis. I love chucking in different combos in the pan and seeing what happens. Normally we have potatoes in there somewhere but this time I wanted to go light on carbs (OK, OK, I caved and we had shop bought garlic bread alongside – perfect for mopping up pan juices with!). Plus the meat is inexpensive, even if you buy free-range, which we always do.
This really is a brilliant quick midweek supper – and so delicious too. The vegetables melt down into a kind of roasted goodness that makes them so tasty, and the tomatoes create a sweet sauce when mixed with the Balsamic. YUM!
Try it and let me know what you think.
Makes: enough for 4 people
Takes: 35-40 mins
- 4 thighs and 4 drumsticks
- Packet of tomatoes
- Packet of green beans and Tenderstem broccoli too if you have it
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Bread, to serve
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Chuck in chicken, season and toss in oil and balsamic. Then sprinkle on oregano onto chicken.
- Roast for about 15 mins. Then add the broccoli and green beans. Tuck them in all round and under the chicken. Lay the tomatoes on top.
- Pop back in for another 25-30 mins. You want to make sure the meat is cooked through so do take care.
- Serve alone or with bread to dunk.